INNOVATION AND CUTTING EDGE OF DIGITAL DENTISTRY
Riolo Orthodontics has been using our FormLabs2 printer for a year and it has improve care and convenience for our patients. 3D printing enables us to provide same day retainers and incorporate provisional replacement teeth into your orthodontic appliance. These advantages have resulted in a large increase in demand for these printing services. Our practice has grown to the point that we have decided to expand our printing capabilities and have acquired a new Juell 3D printer made by Park Dental
Our 3D printing technology has improved care for our patients by enabling us to provide retainers the same day as the braces removal and printing temporary replacement teeth used during treatment.
3D PRINTING IN A FLASH
- JUELL 3D is one of the fastest 3D printers on the market today, Print orthodontic models for complete clear aligner treatment in under 30 minutes without compromising resolution or accuracy.
- Builds at speeds as fast as 7 seconds per layer!
- Unbelievable accuracy achieved by using enhanced UV/DLP/LED technology and JUELL 3D Flash OC software to project an HD image with 1920 x 1080p resolution.
- Print from an intra-oral or tabletop scanner using .stl, .obj, .3ds or .amf file.
- Print jobs are scalable. Build a quadrant or 18 arches with supports! The layer build time remains the same.
How the Juell 3D printer works
First we take a scan with our intra-oral digital scanner. subsequently, the digital model of the teeth is edited, a base is added and holes are filled and the model is smoothed out. The digital model is then uploaded to the 3D printer. The Juell printer employs SLA (Stereolithography) printing technology which hardens photo sensitive resin layer by layer with a ultraviolet light. Each small layer builds on the last. This SLA technology is used in the production many orthodontic appliances including Invisalign.
The benefits of the Digital orthodontics and 3D printing for patients
Our TruDefinition intra-oral scanner is less invasive and more convenient than the traditional impressions. The 3D scan and 3D printing is also more accurate than impressions so the retainer will fit your teeth perfectly. Since the these digital models are printed in house we can turn these models around the same day! We also can fabricate custom pontics (replacement teeth) in house and integrate these teeth into your custom orthodontic appliance system.
Retainers for a lifetime!
All of our models are stored digitally and we give our patients copies of their final printed models of their teeth. In addition, as a direct result of our 3D printing capabilities Riolo Orthodontics now offers replacement retainers for a lifetime.