What To Expect
Upon your arrival, we will review and complete your initial paperwork including a HIPPA form and a New Patient Health History form. The History form can be completed in advance of the initial appointment. We usually will send a welcome email with directions to fill out the New Patient Health History form online. This link is labeled “New patient Form” and can be found at the top of the website.
Filling out this form will expedite your complimentary exam so we can prepare for your arrival ahead of time. We also will try to ascertain your insurance benefit in order to provide you with a accurate quote of your out of pocket cost at the new patient exam.
The purpose of the initial examination is to answer:
- What sort of problem is present, if any?
- When is the proper time to begin treatment?
- What type of treatment is indicated?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will the treatment cost?
If orthodontic treatment is indicated at this time, an appointment for additional Diagnostic Records is scheduled. If time allows, these diagnostic records can be taken at the initial visit.
What are Diagnostic Records?
- Digital study models or articulator mounted plaster models of your teeth.
- Panoramic and cephalogram radiographs, including cephalometric tracings and analysis.
- Photographs of your teeth and face
- The diagnostic records are analyzed and a subsequent appointment is setup where Dr Riolo will consult with you regarding the best course of treatment.
- If Incognito Custom braces are chosen to straighten your teeth a “setup consult” will be scheduled. At this appointment we will review the actual alignment and fit of of your teeth before we even start treatment using digital models of your teeth. Frequently, a number of different “setup” are examined to find the best course of treatment for your particular situation.
What is the cost of the treatment?
The cost of treatment depends upon the severity of the patient’s problem. The treatment coordinator will discuss fees and payment options, during the initial exam. We have different payment plans to suit your budget and accept assignment from most insurance plans. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable.
What does my investment include?
Your investment includes:
- Orthodontic records, which consists of x-rays, study models and a setup of the finial result before the start of treatment if a custom orthodontic appliance is elected (such as Incognito braces or Invisalign). The initial records are worked up to determine your the treatment plan and the treatment objectives are reviewed.
- Active treatment fee for both early treatment options and complete comprehensive treatment with braces or Invisalign includes all appliances, office visits, and procedures performed in our orthodontic practice by Dr Riolo. Appliances are durable and should last through the entire treatment period if the patient follows instructions. If appliances require replacement due to loss, breakage, misuse or failure to eliminate foods that cause damage, we reserve the right to charge an additional replacement fee.
- One set of final retainers for our comprehensive (Phase II) patients is provided upon completion of treatment. There is a replacement fee for each additional retainer that is lost or broken.
What doesn’t my investment include?
Work performed at other offices or by dental professionals outside our orthodontic practice.
If an accident or injury occurs during treatment which results in a substantial change in your dental situation (loss of teeth, etc.). A fee adjustment may be required to complete treatment under these unusual circumstances.
Assignment of Benefits
Our practice accepts assignment of benefits for most insurance plans. By doing this, the family’s out-of-pocket expense is substantially lower. If we do not accept assignment of benefits from your plan, we will be happy to file claims so that the insured can be reimbursed directly. Should there be any change in your policy prior to full payment of the insurance benefit, please contact our office immediately so adjustments may be made to your contract.
We have evening and weekend hours available. Our office is open Sunday through Friday; we are open evenings Wednesday’s, some Tuesdays and Fridays. We also have appointments available Sundays (usually every other Sunday). It is our goal to see you, on time, for your appointment.
Time is scheduled to complete the necessary procedure, give information about the treatment and answer any questions you may have. In order for us to maintain a schedule that runs in a timely manner, we request that patients arrive at or before their scheduled time to avoid delays, as the day progresses. Your cooperation and consideration with appointments is greatly appreciated by our office and the patients that are seen after your appointment.