Invisalign and Invisible Braces for Adults and Teens in Seattle, WA:
Dr Riolo has extensive experience with custom orthodontic appliance systems (Braces and clear aligners) such as the Incognito and Invisalign systems. While both of these system are created through similar processes, the Incognito system excels at complete orthodontic problems and the Invisalign system can be an ideal choice for less complicated problems.
Dr. Riolo is a certified Invisalign treatment provider. He has treated many cases with this removable custom appliance system. If you are not a candidate for the Invisalign system due to the severity of your orthodontic problem Dr Riolo will discuss other esthetic treatment options such as the Incognito system. Riolo Orthodontics specializes in esthetic orthodontic solutions for adult and adolescents and will spend the time necessary to discuss all of your treatment options and answer all of your questions. Custom orthodontic appliances systems such as Incognito and Invisalign have many advantages over conventional braces. These advantages include efficiency, accuracy and speed. With custom orthodontic appliances many of the questions are dealt with up front and the orthodontist and the patient can view the finished “alignment and fit” of the teeth before the straightening process even begins.
Invisalign and Invisalign Teen:
- An invisible way to straighten teeth. We prescribe a series of clear removable aligners to straighten your teeth without any metal wires or brackets.
- Aligners are worn sequentially, by the patient, to promote extensive tooth movements. Results are accomplished little by little, week by week, until your teeth are straightened to the final position prescribed on the upper and/or lower arches.
- Aligners are made through a combination of orthodontic expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology.
- Is for adults with mild to moderate crowding or spacing.
- Is for teens with mostly permanent teeth. Teen aligners include a compliance indicator to report the amount of time the aligners are worn.
- Is removable so you can eat and drink what you want while in treatment. You also can brush and floss normally to maintain good oral hygiene.
- Is more comfortable to wear because there is no metal to cause mouth irritation.
How it works
G4 is the latest improvement from Invisalign. These attachments are helping to deliver more predictable tooth movements. Invisalign employs designs that are based on established principles of biomechanics and tested on state-of-the-art force measurement technology. These Optimized Attachments work with Invisalign aligners to deliver the ideal force levels to the teeth for greater predictability. The G4 attachments were designed using:
- Principles of biomechanics and design approach at Align
- Optimized attachments for rotations and extrusions– and how they work with aligners to generate ideal force systems for more predictable tooth movements
- Measurement of forces and movements delivered by the attachments and aligners
You’ll wear each aligner for about two weeks, taking it out for eating, brushing, and flossing. As you replace each aligner with the next, your teeth gradually move into the final alignment prescribed by the doctor. Office visits are required approximately every ten to twelve weeks.Invisalign uses the latest 3-D computer technology to create your customized aligners. First, we work with you here in our office to determine what needs to be corrected. Then, we take impressions of your teeth. Next, we send Invisalign your impressions and customized treatment plan. Invisalign uses advanced computer technology to finely calibrate a sequence of aligners. Depending on the treatment plan we develop, this could mean as few as 5 or as many as 30 aligners.
Invisalign is not for everyone, but Dr. Riolo can determine if it is right for you. As an Invisalign Provider, Dr. Riolo has been specially trained and certified to evaluate your eligibility for Invisalign and develop a customized treatment plan for your best result. If Invisalign is not for you there are alternative esthetic orthodontic solutions such as the Incognito system.
If you have been holding back on getting the smile you really want, give us a call or email us and find out about all of the innovative ways you can achieve a perfect smile using one of our esthetic options such as Incognito braces behind the teeth or the latest incarnation of the Invisalign aligner system.