We will be attending the American Association of orthodontists midwinter meeting February 8th, 9th and 10th. This meeting is a combined orthodontic and periodontic meeting concentrating on interdisciplinary patient care including complex periodontal issues that are frequently complicating factors in adult lingual (braces behind the teeth) treatment. Dr Riolo will be concentrating on orthodontic topics associated with complex adult orthodontic treatment. these topics include:
- The Use of CBCT Technology in Periodontal and Orthodontic Diagnosis
- Periodontally Accelerated Osteogenic Orthodontics System (AOO): The Physiological Benefits and Increased Range of Movements
- Minimizing Esthetic and Functional Risk: Altering Alveolar Bone Volume and Biotype Through Periodontally Accelerated Osteogenic Orthodontics (AOO)
- Root Resorption: Its Impact on Adult Orthodontic Retreatment
- Orthodontic Site Development for Implants
The meeting will feature speakers representing both the orthodontic and periodontic dental specialties. The program will address a wide range of topics related to adult adolescent orthodontic patients. Topics generally range from regenerating and improving osseous and soft tissue deficiencies, to the mechanisms involved in orthodontically-induced root resorption, to CBCT imaging relative to diagnosis and treatment outcomes. Interdisciplinary approaches to treatment are strongly emphasized at this combined ortho-perio meeting. These topic are integral into successful adult lingual orthodontic treatment and we look forward into incorporating the latest research and technology into our practice and our use the Incognito bracket system for esthetic orthodontic solutions to complex orthodontic problems.